Wednesday, March 5, 2014

February in Review

So February flew by, and thank God, I am so ready for spring! But Spring looks like it could be holding out on us - early March and with the wind chill today it feels like 17 below. A great day to snuggle with the worlds greatest dog, turn on the fireplace and read a book.

To start off the month I enjoyed a community theater production of Of Mice and Men, it was an amazing play and the first time I had seen a live production of this Steinbeck classic. I went with several people who had never read the book or seen a movie version so it was fun to see their reaction to the play. Of Mice and Men has always been one of my favorite books, if you have not had the chance to read it, put it on your TBR, it's a quick book but so worth it!

For a month or so my generation 2 Kindle has been acting up and just as I neared the end of Burial Rites, it died. I HAD to finish it that day, I could not wait, so I rushed to Best Buy and picked up a Kindle Paperwhite. It was my lucky day as it was on sale and I got the last one in stock. I rushed home and quickly picked up right where I left off. My cousin mentioned that Burial Rites was an appropriate book to be reading when my Kindle died and then I realized the first book I read on it was Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Perfect! I love the Kindle Paperwhite, with the built in light and touch screen. Despite my love of actual books, the smell, the weight, the piles of them around my house, I have been a Kindle convert ever since my husband gifted me my first one.

On one of the rare warmish days in February I slipped and fell going up the icy stairs into work, fracturing my hip......so lots of rest, no stairs, no riding my horse....I am taking consolation in the fact that it is really to cold to do anything and that I feel like I am healing quickly. Maybe late March I will be back in action, I hope.

Now, what I read this month (in order from least favorite to favorite) and how I am doing on my New Year's Book Resolutions.

5. Be Safe I Love You Cara Hoffman
4. The Wind Is Not a River Brian Payton
3. The Fault in Our Stars John Green
2. Serena Ron Rash
1. Burial Rites Hannah Kent

As for my New Year's resolution, I tried the young adult genre with the Fault in Our Stars.

So here is hoping for spring and more happy reading!


 photo cat_zpsebf4e550.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, let's talk.